Wednesday, July 8, 2009

PEST



Each year we are presented a good helping of this mess. The light brown "stuff" is moist sawdust. The small black spots are ants. The whole mess is an announcement that the Carpenter Bees are back to destroy our porch structure as they build their new homes......






This is a "new home". A hole in the top board of the porch. It is quite large (about the size of a nickle) for an insect and quite unwelcome.
All of this will be avoided once we actually do get the porch screened.

1 comment:

  1. Those flying ants are bad news. I noticed that my DS#3 had some holes on his deck. He says he fights them every year. I think he said he used a mixture of boric acid. I might be wrong on that, but I'm sure you probably know how to fight them already. A screen porch is nice to keep away other pests too.

    ReplyDelete