Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MY TRUCK

C.Y. bought this truck last year and try as he might he just couldn't get me interested in driving it. I was sick and didn't want to do anything but sit in my chair and get lost in the tv or sleep. (steroid psychosis)
HOWEVER, this year financial crisis and lower doses of prednizone forced me to drive and I discovered................


A truck that drives like a dream. A dash with ALL the amenities. A killer air conditioner (a must for me). CD player for my teaching and Christian music cd's, and to much more to mention here.

My view from atop of the world. I feel like a young wife again, driving trucks like I did waaaay back then. This is now MY truck.


I can rest or read or do simple paper work as I wait for each load of dirt.



CY says I'm the best truck driver he has ever had. I WILL NOT dump a load if the truck is not perfectly level. I WILL NOT drive on a customer's drive/grass without specific instructions and permission. Last week I had to bring a load back because the customer had underestimated the size of the truck until he saw it next to his tiny subdivision size yard. The priority here is truck safety.

A strange thing has happened....I find that I really really ENJOY driving the truck. I am physically much better and my blood sugar is much easier to keep under control. (steroid induced diabetes) Sitting all day in air conditioning doing what I want to do....what more could I want? Answer: a new laptop to use in the truck!


And here it is waiting for me to finish this post and go off to play.
TRUCK THERAPY.........who would have thought it.





3 comments:

  1. Isn't God kind? He gives us grace for every moment and brings joy where we once thought there could be none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to see more entries from you. What a nice truck. I guess it would be good to drive. I've never even driven a pick up truck as they look intimidating to me. Glad you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are getting back to your old self! Good for you. I see this was in June, and I somehow missed seeing it.

    ReplyDelete